VAT and indirect taxes can be complicated. You may need help with simple matters like routine compliance or need specialist and cross border advice for more difficult matters.
No matter how complex your organisation’s VAT needs are, we can help. Our VAT and indirect tax team will support your business strategies, assist you with digital reporting requirements and provide expert advice to manage your tax risk and liabilities.
The issues and questions surrounding VAT are notoriously difficult. Ever-evolving legislation and regulation and a focus on self-assessment at a transactional level makes VAT one of the most complex taxes you are likely to encounter.
Our team of specialists will help you plan a VAT-efficient approach to every aspect of your business that enhances cashflow and minimises risk. We can help you by:
• providing VAT consulting and compliance services for cross-border or domestic supplies of goods and services;
• supporting you with automation of VAT accounting, visualisation of data to increase transparency and assisting you to undertake meaningful exception reporting;
• carrying out a digital link assessment and process review or a data quality check to help ensure full compliance with Making Tax Digital for VAT and prepare for increasingly automated checks by tax authorities;
• assisting you in implementing your VAT strategy;
• providing VAT training for your employees;
• providing VAT advice on proposed transactions to ensure VAT recovery is maximised;
• performing a VAT health check;
• supporting you with enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of your in-house tax and VAT functions and helping you manage the hidden risks of VAT for your organisation;
• helping to mitigate exposures to tax, risk and penalties through our innovative solutions; and
• negotiating with the fiscal authorities through any enquiry or investigation.
Whether your VAT affairs are straightforward or highly complex, and whether you require one-off specialist advice or ongoing services, you will benefit from a VAT specialist working with you to achieve your aims.
Customs and excise duties
Brexit and global supply chain issues have brought major changes for UK businesses importing and exporting goods. Our customs and international trade team provides clear and practical direction to clients’ customs, international trade and excise duty strategies, focusing on delivering solutions that add value as well as compliance.
Environmental indirect taxes
We can also help you navigate other sector-focused indirect taxes, such as landfill tax, aggregates levy, climate change levy, the new plastic packaging tax and extended producer responsibility reporting.
Having a clear understanding of this fast-emerging part of indirect taxation and reporting is a vital foundation stone of any Environmental and Social Governance (ESG) strategy, enabling businesses to be sustainable, efficient and effective in its supply chain management.
Our team is here to support with compliance, education, management of data flows and reporting allowing our clients to understand and plan for the impact of a net zero commitment and reduction of environmental footprints.
We can assist your teams and support your ESG agenda by providing:
• advice on the impact of regulations;
• assistance with compliance;
• support with implementation of tax strategy;
• integration with digital reporting, data visualisation and automated exception reporting; and
• education and training.
Please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss how we can help you manage your VAT and indirect tax activities.