The team at RSM can help you plan for all eventualities in your and your family’s finances. As succession planning, tax and compliance requirements become more complex, our dedicated advisers can help protect your family’s wealth. We’ll take the time to build a strong relationship with you and get to know you and your family’s circumstances and needs. We’ll then develop a plan that’s uniquely tailored to meet your needs.
Effective tax management plays an important role in protecting family wealth, often a priority for most people, especially those with significant assets.
We offer a holistic service to our private and family clients. Our experts can advise you on every aspect of your personal taxes, including navigating your income and capital gains tax, understanding your wills and inheritance tax (IHT) planning and dealing with your annual self-assessment tax return, while working closely with your other legal and banking advisers.
Our private client team will cast light on issues you might not have considered and make sure your wealth is held in the right way for you. We’ll regularly review your tax management strategy, adapting it to both expected and unexpected changes in circumstance and ever-changing tax legislation.
Our clients typically include:
- owners of family businesses;
- international clients moving to or investing in the UK;
- senior executives with complex earnings arrangements;
- financial services executives such as those involved in private equity or hedge funds;
- partners in large, international, partnerships;
- high and ultra-high net worth individuals looking to organise their assets efficiently; and
- family offices;
Our services include:
- inheritance tax;
- capital gains tax;
- residential property tax;
- compliance service;
- succession and inheritance tax management;
- wealth protection strategies;
- advice on capital gains tax where assets are being sold;
- planning for pension funds, including international schemes;
- exit and succession planning for those selling their business;
- residential property tax issues;
- residence and domicile advice;
- an annual tax compliance service; and
- expert assistance in dealing with HMRC tax investigations.
STEP EPP accreditation showcases our commitment to developing the skills and talent of our trusts and estates staff, and helps us to provide the best service to our clients.
We deal with individuals and families with complex financial affairs and will allocate you a dedicated adviser suitable for your circumstances or location. We can provide one-off specialist advice or ongoing services.
Please get in touch to find out more and organise an initial conversation about how our team can help you and your family.