Ali Sapsford is Head of Tax at RSM UK. She has been with the firm for over a decade, and represents the tax faculty on both our National Leadership and Operations & Markets teams.
Ali joined RSM in 2009 as a corporate tax partner at our Reading office, before becoming its Office Managing Partner in 2012. In April 2020 took on regional responsibility for all RSM offices in the south.
Asked what motivates her in her working life, Ali says:
"When working with clients, it’s the proper advice that’s important. Too often as practitioners we focus on the tax, whereas what clients really want to get from us is actual guidance. When working with my teams, I aim to enthuse them so they can love their job as much as I do mine. You spend a lot of time at work - you owe it to yourself to make it something you love."
Away from the office, Ali enjoys pretending to be competitive on the hockey pitch and has a love of all things German – a passion that goes back to her days as a linguistics undergraduate.
Ali’s RSM timeline:
- 2021: became national Head of Tax
- 2020: became Regional Managing Partner for the South and joined the National Leadership and Operations & Markets teams
- 2012: became Office Managing Partner for Reading
- 2009: joined as Corporate Tax Partner
Press and appearance highlights:
- The Business Magazine - RSM says BoE ‘over-optimistic’, June 2020