Investment health in the manufacturing sector
Productivity remains one of the UK’s defining economic issues, especially when compared to the rest of the G7. Boosting investment would also boost growth and productivity, yet UK manufacturing investment has languished for many years.
Our report, run in partnership with Make UK, surveyed nearly 200 business leaders in the manufacturing sector. It reveals:
- the extent to which investment plans have been hampered over the past two years
- the sector’s upcoming investment priorities;
- the key factors that incentivise investment within the manufacturing sector;
- how manufacturers prefer to finance their investments; and
- some key principles for government to consider when designing capital investment incentives.