Peter joined RSM in early 2019 to lead the national financial services sector. His recent experience in professional services includes being CEO of Singapore, and Head of UK FS for another global accounting organisation. Before professional services Peter spent twenty years in the London and global insurance and reinsurance markets as a broker, M&A principal, underwriter and regulator. His client work for insurance and reinsurance clients includes work in corporate finance, strategy and governance.
Peter’s recent experience includes:
- originating and managing the sale of a major insurtech business to a listed US buyer;
- lead partner on the fully outsourced internal audit for a listed UK motor insurance company;
- lead partner on multiple financial and commercial due diligence engagements on insurance and reinsurance brokers, insurance service companies;
- strategic advice to a large NGO on changing insurance JV partner;
- running a Board evaluation for a regulated underwriting business;
- strategic advice to Lloyd’s on entry to a specialist insurance market; and
- setting up and running a full-service audit, tax and corporate finance business in Singapore.
Peter has spoken at insurance industry conferences in London, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, Singapore, Taipei, Tokyo, Delhi, Mumbai, Tel Aviv, Madrid, Rio de Janeiro and Budapest. He is a regular lecturer on Insurance Linked Securities at the University of Bath BSc and MSc risk management programme. He comments regularly in trade and national media on issues in the insurance market. He was a member of the Insurance Working Group of the Global Public Policy Committee.