When businesses undertake transactions which give rise to potential competition or other regulatory issues, commitments may be agreed which require the appointment of a monitoring trustee to oversee compliance.
Our team has significant experience of acting as a monitoring trustee on merger cases and market investigations in the EU, the UK and in other jurisdictions. We also act as supervisor on Takeover Panel cases.
We have extensive hands-on experience of helping parties implement undertakings, from some of the largest, most complex global transactions to smaller domestic operations.
Our Monitoring Trustee experience includes
- Divestment remedies
- Long-term behavioural undertakings
- Complex carve-outs of fully integrated businesses
- Ring-fencing and hold-separate arrangements
- On-going arrangements between sellers and purchasers
We can provide
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements
- Extensive practical experience of implementing undertakings
- Workable hold-separate and ring-fencing measures
- On-the-ground experience internationally
Our sector experience includes
Branded consumer products, Business services, Chemicals, Defence and aerospace Engineering, Financial services, Healthcare, Heavy industrial products Media, Pharmaceuticals, Software, Telecoms.
Our on the ground international experience includes
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, the Middle East, the Netherlands, Pakistan, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States.
Our Monitoring Trustee experience includes:
- Dye & Durham (UK) Limited / TM Group (UK) Limited - technology / data services;
- gategroup Holding AG / LSG European Business (M.9546) - services;
- Takeda Pharmaceutical / Shire (M.8955) - pharmaceuticals;
- Circle Health / BMI Healthcare - healthcare;
- Bauer Media Group - media;
- Bottomline Technologies / Experian - software / technology;
- Vanilla Group Ltd (JLA) / Washstation - services;
- RHI / Magnesita Refratarios (M.8286) - refractory / industrial products;
- Vodafone / Liberty Global (M.7978) - telecoms;
- Altice / PT Portugal (M.7499) - telecoms;
- INEOS / Solvay (M.6905) - chemicals;
- International Chemical Investors (M.7584) - chemicals;
- Unilever / Sara Lee Body Care (M.5658) - consumer products;
- Universal Music Group / BMG (M.4404) - media;
- Cygnet Health Care / Universal Health Services - healthcare;
- Acadia Healthcare Company / Priory Group - healthcare;
- Iron Mountain / Recall - data storage;
- HCA International - healthcare;
- Lafarge Tarmac - industrial products;
- IRI / Aztec Group - data services; and
- Global Radio / GMG Radio - media.
In addition, we are currently acting as Supervisor on: