Whether you are an investor or occupier, builder or developer, surveyor or architect, the property sector has experienced a lot of change recently.
With more challenges on the horizon, RSM can make sure you are prepared for whatever the future brings.
From our annual real estate insights, capturing sentiment from experts within the sector, to our detailed analysis on issues affecting the construction sector, we use our experience to help you capitalise on opportunities.
We work closely with you and tailor our advice to your specific concerns. Some of the areas we can help include:
- acquisition planning and structuring;
- debt restructuring and related specialist tax advice;
- assurance services including external, internal and service charge audits;
- tax planning and compliance – VAT, corporation tax, PAYE, National Insurance and stamp duty land tax;
- inheritance tax advice;
- capital allowances support;
- IT systems integration;
- corporate finance including mergers, acquisitions, disposals and introductions to suitable business partners; and
- advice on cash management, planning and mitigating tax risks.
More change for real estate
No big Budget surprises for the property sector this year. Relief from rates for small businesses and extension of anti-avoidance measures may impact on some. Inheritance tax and the restriction of interest and corporate losses to be introduced in April are still a concern for the sector.
Where will growth come from for the real estate sector?
In 2016 the sector paused and reflected. Transaction levels initially fell amid concerns that asset values could stall. The shock of the EU referendum result and major policy changes to business rates and the tax regime only added to the uncertainty.
Are your projects delivering as well as you predicted?
When public sector projects go wrong we tend to hear about them. But what are the early warning signs of project failure and how can we avoid these?
Contact our team today to discuss how we can help your business to make the most of opportunities.