UK property tax has changed in the last few years. Without the right advice, you could end up on the wrong side of the complex rules and miss out on tax savings. Our dedicated real estate tax team can help.
If you’re buying a commercial property, either as an investment or for your business to use, your tax liabilities will differ depending on the commercial structure you choose to hold the asset.
Recent changes also mean it’s sensible to review your existing ownership structures to make sure they’re still right for you. If not, our experts will help you find a more fitting solution.
At RSM, our dedicated real estate tax team offers services tailored to you. We work with UK-based and cross-border investors and developers to find tax-efficient ownership structures that are aligned with your business’ commercial needs.
Our compliance services also give us the chance to understand your business, spot any missed opportunities and develop an efficient tax strategy based on your unique objectives. The services we provide include:
- corporation tax return filing and advice;
- non-resident landlord return filing and advice;
- Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings (ATED) returns and advice;
- Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT), Land and Buildings Transaction Tax (LBTT) planning and Land Transaction Tax (LTT);
- Residential Property Developer Tax (RPDT) filing and reporting;
- support to those subject to the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS);
- tax treaty claims and advice;
- VAT advice and returns;
- tax-efficient structuring advice (including international structuring where appropriate);
- advise on the tax implications of debt finance;
- transfer pricing preparation and review;
- property funding advice;
- advice on acquisitions and disposals;
- tax and financial due diligence;
- maximising tax allowances on the construction, purchase or refurbishment of a property;
- remuneration and profit extraction planning;
- exit planning; and
- advice for directors, including inheritance tax and income tax planning.
Our experts have in-depth knowledge of the commercial and tax drivers in the property industry. We’ll find effective solutions to your tax issues, whether you’re an investor or developer.
Get in touch with our dedicated real estate tax team to find out how our property tax-related services can help your business.