In a challenging environment ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, undertaking risk management reviews and maximising scheme funding can all help with the stewardship of your pension scheme. Our experienced global team has the specialist knowledge you need to stay ahead.
Our partnership approach to working with pension scheme trustees, scheme management and corporate scheme sponsors helps our expert pensions team to always stay aware of the issues and concerns that matter to you.
We offer a range of services to reduce risk and add value, including:
- analysing pension scheme deficits and the steps necessary in monitoring the sponsor covenant to ensure that schemes are adequately funded to meet members’ needs;
- maximising return on investment while maintaining and monitoring the appropriate balance between risk and return;
- meeting the demands for scheme member data to be accurate and the controls necessary to keep it up to date;
- meeting the ongoing challenges of automatic enrolment and associated risk management requirements in a defined contribution environment;
- communication and constructive engagement with scheme members;
- communication with scheme sponsors to ensure that they remain aware of and understand their responsibilities towards pension scheme members;
- complying with the ever increasing regulatory pressure and tighter standards of governance expected of scheme trustees;
- audit and assurance services which add value in respect of internal controls and regulatory compliance;
- internal audit services to assist trustees with focused risk management;
- flexible and focused covenant reviews to assess the financial strength of the scheme sponsor;
- facilitated risk management reviews for defined benefit trustee boards to identify and address key risk areas;
- focused defined contribution risk reviews to enable trustees to demonstrate their compliance with the regulator’s defined contribution principals;
- facilitated governance reviews to ensure trustees are fully aware of their duties;
- trustee training and the establishment of internal trustee training mechanisms;
- AAF01/06 reporting assistance for pension scheme administrators, investment managers and custodians;
- taxation recovery, especially from overseas jurisdictions;
- VAT recovery to maximise scheme funding;
- accounting services for schemes of all sizes and complexity; and
- forensic accounting support to assist in identifying fraud and enabling recovery.
Contact our team today for advice on reducing risk and adding value to your pension scheme.
How can I mitigate pensions fraud risk?
Our team is continuing to assess how fraud is impacting the pensions industry and we are dedicated to providing practical measures to help schemes mitigate their fraud risk.
How can I mitigate the risks of defined contribution?
We have developed a defined contribution risk toolkit to enable trustees to mitigate the risks associated with these arrangements and which specifically assist with the governance around the pension regulator’s requirements for enabling good member outcomes.
What do I need to know about the new pensions accounting SORP?
Our team were involved in the working party that produced the new SORP and we therefore have first-hand knowledge of the requirements and how trustees should be adopting these in the future.