10 January 2024
RSM UK’s Tyrone Courtman has been formally appointed the Turnaround Management Association’s (TMA) European President for two years, effective 1 January 2024.
Courtman is a restructuring partner at the leading audit, tax and consulting firm, specialising in restructuring and recovery situations, with a view to maximising the preservation of enterprise value. He has played an active role in TMA since it started in the UK in 2001, serving as the UK President between 2008 and 2010; most recently co-chairing TMA Europe’s Conference and Sponsorship Committee; and helping to shape EACTP, the industry body’s education programme.
Tyrone Courtman, partner at RSM UK Restructuring Advisory and new TMA European President, comments: ‘I want to make a real difference and promote the benefits of enterprise value preservation to make a positive difference to the turnaround outcomes for so many business owners and their stakeholders. This is particularly pertinent at a time of challenging global economic uncertainty and our aim as industry professionals and the collective TMA body is to ensure that businesses strive to avoid becoming another insolvency statistic.
‘Showcasing the exceptional work of our members and shaping an expert voice for positive change within government, business, and the wider communities in which we all serve will be at the heart of my presidency.”
Courtman has ambitious plans for his tenure which focus on promoting members, education, and collaboration. Specific priorities will include:
- Hosting the second TMA Global Symposium in conjunction with the TMA Europe Annual European Conference in June 2024 in London.
- Continuing to develop and extend TMA’s networking and education offerings to focus membership groups: TMA NOW, TMA NextGen, and other specific industry groups.
- Developing a series of ‘TMA LIVE’ events, and in time, looking to extend its offering to sectorial specialist focus groups.
- Continuing to develop and extend its networking and education offerings.
- Continuing to improve and increase connections between TMA Global and each of the European chapters whilst recognizing and continuing to build new chapters across Europe.
Damian Webb, partner at RSM UK Restructuring Advisory, comments: ‘Tyrone’s appointment shows his commitment to the turnaround community and the businesses it serves. This is an important role and the contribution TMA can make to assisting businesses through these challenging times is critical.’