Damian is a restructuring specialist and leads RSM’s London practice. He is focused on advising SMEs and their stakeholders on the options available to them to preserve and enhance their value. This ranges from strategic options analysis to complex restructurings and accelerated acquisitions and disposals (AMAs).
His previous corporate finance experience, coupled with his restructuring skills, helps Damian provide innovative solutions to complex assignments. He has a diverse and varied background, having worked in a range of geographies and sectors.
Asked what motivates him in his working life, Damian says:
Typically I work with businesses and individuals who have been presented with a problem or an issue. My goal is to provide a solution and to ensure their position at the end of the journey is better than at the inception.
Damian has recently completed a range of complex restructuring assignments. His recent work includes:
- successfully implemented over 15 retail Company Voluntary Arrangements (CVAs) since 2018, including Thai Leisure, Gusto, Pure and Thomas Sabo;
- administrator of largest failed peer-to-peer lender, Lendy Finance Limited;
- advised on the AMA of the Videology Group and the subsequent cross border recognition proceedings which led to the sale of the business for c$101m to Amobee;
- advised on the AMA and subsequent sale of Thought Machine;
- advised a range of private equity funds on portfolio restructurings and the utilisation of CVAs to restructure under-performing businesses; and
- contingency planning and wind down services to a range of fintech and alternative finance lenders.
Outside of work, Damian enjoyed playing rugby and is now enjoying subjecting his and other children to his archaic coaching practices and homilies on his prior abilities as compared to their current abilities.