Our team work with clients across central and local government as well as the charity and private sectors to complete social impact and social return on investment analysis that tells the story of the change they are making.
- How we help
Social impact is the effect of an activity, project, programme or policy on people and communities. It is important to measure social impact to demonstrate to stakeholders and funders the difference being made.
Social value is the quantification of the relative importance that people place on the changes they experience. It is important to consider and measure this social value from the perspective of those affected by an organisation’s work.
Social Return on Investment (SROI)
Social Return on Investment (SROI) articulates and quantifies the social, environmental and economic value created by an organisation, programme or intervention using monetary values.
How we help
We use proven Social Value / SROI methodologies and principles to:
- demonstrate the value that an organisation adds to funders and wider society;
- clarify the effect of projects on particular individuals or groups to help engagement and collaboration;
- demonstrate or measure the social value of investment, beyond the standard financial measurement; and
- forecast expected outcomes from both existing and new activities and develop future measures for assessing performance.
Our specialist team can help you:
- set the scope and identify stakeholders;
- map outcomes;
- measure change;
- value change;
- understand social value and social impacts;
- model SROI; and
- effectively utilise sensitivity analysis within reporting of social value and return on investment.
We have a strong track record in social impact evaluation including:
- evaluation of Social Prescribing Models for an English Local Authority;
- economic, Social, Health and Wellbeing Impact Assessment for a Housing Association;
- due diligence of a Community Bank’s proposal to deliver economic, social and environmental impacts; and
- evaluation of labour market programmes designed to supporting the long term unemployed.