RSM has a strong track record in supporting clients to develop and test policies and strategies across a range of policy domains, sectors and geographies. We develop organisational and sector strategies that provide the basis for development, growth and competitive advantage. We also work with clients in developing policies, strategies and action plans that aim to tackle environmental, social and economic issues at local, regional and national levels. Our approach is always rooted firmly in evidence and an understanding of the dynamics of a particular place, sector or organisation.
Our sector-based and subject matter expertise is complemented by technical in-house skills in quantitative and qualitative research/ analysis, stakeholder mapping and engagement, data analytics, economic forecasting, economic analysis and performance monitoring/ evaluation. Our staff have extensive experience of working collaboratively with senior client and stakeholder representatives to support knowledge transfer, build trust and develop consensus in relation to complex strategic issues.
Examples of our previous assignments include:
- on behalf of Luton Borough Council, development of an employment and skills strategy (2022– 2027) and a supporting implementation plan for the Borough
- on behalf of South of Scotland Enterprise and the South of Scotland Regional Economic Partnership, development of a 10-year strategy for growth and development of the region
- on behalf of Highlands and Islands Enterprise (Scotland) provision of research and analysis support to inform organisational strategy development and operational planning
- on behalf Bord Iacaigh Mhara (Ireland), formulation of local development strategies for seven rural coastal communities in Ireland
- on behalf Bord Iacaigh Mhara (Ireland), development of a Strategy for the Inshore Fisheries Sector in Ireland