RSM’s M&A team will work closely with you to achieve your desired result. It’s our job to market your business to a global audience, position it in the most attractive light, and negotiate the best possible terms for you.
As an owner-manager or entrepreneur, you may be selling the business that you have worked a lifetime to build. As an equity investor, you may be selling an important asset in your portfolio. It is therefore vital that you choose an adviser that understands the unique pressures of running a private business, as well as the motivations and expectations surrounding your personal position.
Our tailored approach
Selling your business is an incredibly important decision. Each client’s goals are unique, which is why we spend time understanding what your key objectives are. As well as maximising value, you may be concerned about your level of commitment post-deal or finding a succession solution that best protects your employees’ interests.
One of our competitive advantages is that we provide a senior-led service with two partners on every deal. You spend a significant amount of time with the deal team, therefore finding the right fit for you will be important.
Our M&A team operates at a local, national and international level. We deliver the capabilities you expect of a global firm, yet with a personable service where our advisers truly get to know you.
Our sell side advisory services
As well as utilising our in-house financial modelling, data analytics, vendor due diligence and vendor assist services, we manage the entire sale process. This includes:
- understanding your business and your objectives, defining our strategy for going to market, and making sure that the timing of the deal is optimal for you;
- preparing premium sale documentation, including the information memorandum, the main selling document, positioning your business to achieve maximum value;
- understanding your financial story, and working with you to articulate your growth strategy;
- identifying and approaching relevant prospective buyers around the world, who have the strategic rationale and capability to undertake a deal, considering both trade parties and the private equity market;
- creating competitive tension between potential buyers;
- preparing you for the buyer’s due diligence process, including developing a financial data book;
- leading the negotiations to achieve the best possible terms;
- supporting you through the buyer’s due diligence process;
- project managing what can be a complicated process to achieve the right result quickly and efficiently while protecting the business; and
- helping you through the legal process.
Expertise built around you
We have deep sector knowledge across business services, technology, financial services, healthcare, industrials, infrastructure, food and drink and consumer, so we can match you to advisers who understand the environment in which you operate.
We stand out in the market for our mid-market private equity and debt market coverage. We will also draw on capabilities across RSM to optimise your sale. That could involve internal research capabilities and international teams to ensure that no stone is left unturned in identifying buyers from across the globe. It could also include the transactions tax team, who can advise early on in the process on the most tax-efficient deal structure for you and other stakeholders.
We will ensure that our team remains in control of the sale process, from start to finish. This means you will always have access to people who understand each step of the process and who will guide you through them with thorough, technical advice delivered in a clear and personable way.