The oil and gas sector is experiencing unprecedented change as the global energy landscape transitions towards a net zero future. Our clients value working with an oil and gas advisory team with international reach that understands this evolving sector.
In a global marketplace transitioning towards net zero carbon emissions targets, we understand you need oil and gas specialists with strong international capability coupled with specialist sector expertise. Our deep understanding of the oil and gas industry enables our clients to comply with regulations, minimise risks and maximise opportunities to reach their business goals.
Our oil and gas industry experts have experience working across the globe through our international network. We have also worked with a wide range of businesses in oil and gas exploration, production and field service companies across the world. This has covered everything from their initial investment and capital raising decision making, to their specific oil and gas accounting requirements, financial opportunities and eventual shareholder exit.
Key areas we support our oil and gas clients include:
- Change management: With the energy industry in transition, our oil and gas industry experts review and offer strategic guidance for our clients’ evolving business models and systems.
- Access to funding and M&A: Significant restrictions on lending are impacting oil and gas companies raising funds and planning an exit. Unlike other oil and gas management consulting companies, we offer practical experience of capital markets transactions and an understanding of the technical requirements involved. Our specialist oil and gas accounting and financial modelling team provides commercially pragmatic decision support tools.
- Governance: We understand best practice corporate governance for the sector. For example, with investors focusing on Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) factors, our experts advise our clients on their ESG profile.
- International tax: As a global industry, our oil and gas specialists support clients with complex tax issues, such as global mobility and efficient corporate tax structures.
- Compliance: As our clients expand internationally to meet the needs of their customer base, our international network of oil and gas specialists and our oil and gas accounting experts ensure compliance across audit, tax and the operation of good financial controls when dealing with remote operational locations on a global basis. In addition, IFRS regulations are a key issue for our clients due to the often complex, international nature of their operations.