Over the last few years the debt capital markets have changed and there has been a return of confidence. Our debt advisory team comprises former bankers, asset financiers and accountants that all have extensive knowledge of the debt market to provide advice on the appropriate funding structure for your transaction.
The UK banking sector is increasing their appetite to lend, following a number of years of reducing balance sheets and an improvement in risk appetite seeking higher lending returns.
There have been significant changes in the debt markets as alternative finance providers and debt funds have filled the funding gap since the economic crisis, increasing their market share. This shift has led to a more diverse lending environment and borrower terms have improved as banks compete. The improved terms include reduced pricing, looser covenant structures, increased leverage and lower amortisation.
RSM can help navigate this dynamic market, identifying which lenders are open for business and in which sectors, revealing pockets of untapped liquidity to help you target your efforts fruitfully. Our team comprises former bankers, asset financiers, accountants and restructuring specialists. Their expertise spans the classes of debt product available to mid-market corporates, from vanilla corporate debt, leasing and receivables financing, through leveraged loan and mezzanine finance to infrastructure and project finance facilities.
We can help your organisation by:
- project management and guidance throughout the funding process;
- assessing debt capacity and providing advice on appropriate capital structures;
- evaluating existing loan agreements, lending arrangements and covenant packages;
- identifying and approaching prospective new lenders;
- advising and developing marketing material to present the credit story to debt stakeholders;
- managing competitive funding rounds with multiple parties to negotiate and extract the best terms possible;
- providing advice and support with regards to renegotiation and restructuring of facilities (eg waivers and covenant resets); and
- offering related advisory services such as due diligence, financial modelling and valuations.