Chris is a Private Client Partner in RSM’s Leeds office. He has a wealth of experience in advising individuals, families and trusts. He is particularly skilled at working with entrepreneurs and management teams, ensuring advice for the business also works for the individuals involved in it. Chris is an experienced media spokesperson for RSM and is regularly quoted in national and trade press.
Chris joined RSM in 2017 from PwC, where he trained and worked in their private client team for almost 12 years. He can provide advice across the full spectrum of private client issues including cash extraction, family succession, offshore trusts, residency and domicile issues, business restructuring, multi-million pound transactions and inheritance tax planning.
Chris has worked with a varied client base across a wide range of sectors. He is passionate about supporting fast-growing businesses, particularly those in the media and technology sector.
When asked what gets him out of bed in the morning, Chris says:
Every day brings something different as we meet and build relationships with interesting people and help with problem solving. One of the benefits of my job is that I work with a wide variety of different private businesses and entrepreneurs and can use that experience to support tech and media start-ups across the north.
Chris is a member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation and the Association of Tax Technicians.
Outside of work he is a keen musician and plays guitar and French Horn. When at home Chris can be found working his way through a lengthy DIY to-do list, or watching his favourite football team, Manchester United.
Chris’ RSM timeline:
- 2021: Winner of Partner of the Year at Yorkshire Accountancy Awards
- 2019: Appointed RSM Diversity & Inclusion Champion for Yorkshire & North East Region
- 2017: Joined RSM as Private Client Tax Partner
Press and appearance highlights:
- The Times – Suddenly cashing in those cryptocurrency profits poses a tax problem, May 2021
- The Telegraph – 16,000 landlords caught out by new tax rules, April 2021
- The Times –Taxman targets second-home owners over holiday let dodge, March 2021
- Sky News – The Budget 2021, March 2021
- FT Adviser – 'Budget 2021: The big freeze?' podcast, March 2021
- The Times –Budget tax rise targets: Pensions, landlords and the self-employed, February 2021