In his first speech as Prime Minister, Boris Johnson made clear his intent to boost economic performance outside London and the South East. He talked about ‘levelling up’ across the country and reviving the fortunes of the UK’s ‘left-behind’ towns and cities. With this in mind we conducted a survey of more than 250 manufacturers with 42 per cent of our respondents confirming that they are dissatisfied with the government’s agenda.
Key topics covered within the report:
- What ‘levelling up’ means to the manufacturing industry.
- What government priorities for ‘levelling up’ should be.
- The strategic challenges facing the industry.
- Opportunities for the sector and how government can support.
- How manufacturing can drive the revival of regional economies.
- Practical recommendations for key stakeholders.