In response to the Government’s extension to off payroll arrangements, RSM have developed a cost effective and efficient solution to help clients with their compliance and policy management.
IR35 presents organisations with significant administrative challenges, meaning that any entity in the supply chain involved in the provision of work by a contractor could potentiality become liable to tax costs if the rules are not followed.
In order to start addressing these potential liabilities, you need to ask yourself the following questions:
- How will you ensure all relevant stakeholders are able to maintain visibility of, and manage, the associated risks that non-compliance will bring?
- How will you ensure that the actions required to meet the requirements of the legislation are assigned across the organisation, actioned and tracked?
- How will you maintain an audit trail?
What is Insight4GRC?
Insight4GRC™ is a governance, risk and compliance software (GRC) suite providing management teams with the critical tools needed to be more effective. It enables the monitoring and controlling of performance, tracking of assigned actions, enables employee awareness and facilitates company policy acceptance.
To specifically help with IR35, Insight4GRC can:
- track all off-payroll workers (OPW) and store contracts;
- track all actions required throughout the process from monitoring replies to requests for information to determine conditions of liability, right through to instructions to payroll -or an intermediary -if they are a ‘deemed employee’
- issue appropriate communications to all the impacted stakeholders;
- collect and store all the required documents and data in one central place - including status determination statements and conditions of liability documents;
- monitor new and existing OPW population;
- monitor the risk rating flags;
- highlight how often each OPW should be reassessed;
- track appeals, deadlines and responses;
- provide a robust audit trail of timelines, documents and responses; and
- provide real time progress via a dashboard