This article was updated on 31 July 2020 to reflect confirmation that IR35 rule changes will take effect from April 2021.
In response to the Government’s extension to off payroll arrangements, RSM have developed a cost effective and efficient solution to help clients with their compliance and policy management.
IR35 off payroll rules present organisations with significant administrative challenges, meaning that any entity in the supply chain involved in the provision of work by a contractor could potentiality become liable to tax costs if the rules are not followed.
In order to start addressing these potential liabilities, you need to ask yourself the following questions:
- How will you ensure all relevant stakeholders are able to maintain visibility of, and manage, the associated risks that non-compliance will bring?
- How will you ensure that the actions required to meet the requirements of the legislation are assigned across the organisation, actioned and tracked?
- How will you maintain an audit trail?
What is Insight4GRC?
Insight4GRC™ is a governance, risk and compliance software (GRC) suite providing management teams with the critical tools needed to be more effective. It enables the monitoring and controlling of performance, tracking of assigned actions, enables employee awareness and facilitates company policy acceptance.
To help achieve IR35 compliance, it provides a structured approach to defining the steps, actions and people involved at each stage. This helps you manage engagements of your off-payroll workers from end to end by:
- providing multiple user access with customisable assignment of roles and responsibilities;
- allowing bulk upload and tracking of all off-payroll workers and storing contracts;
- tracking all actions required throughout the process with automated reminders (from monitoring replies to requests for information to determine conditions of liability, right through to instructions to payroll or an intermediary if they are a ‘deemed employee’);
- enabling consistent communications, issuing appropriate communications to all the impacted stakeholders;
- collecting and storing all the required documents and data in one central place - including status determination statements and conditions of liability documents;
- monitoring new and existing off-payroll worker population;
- reducing and monitoring risk ratings;
- highlighting how often each off-payroll worker should be reassessed;
- tracking appeals, deadlines and responses;
- providing a robust and clear audit trail of timelines, documents and responses;
- providing real time progress via a dashboard and management reports; and
- supporting good governance.