As schools get ready for summer term, they must also prepare for the upcoming deadlines for two new areas of compliance.
Gender Pay Gap - At the date of publishing this report, there are only 16 days until the gender pay gap reporting deadline. Frankie Davis covers what schools need to do to get ready. Covering key questions such as:
- Do independent schools need to publish their gender pay gap results?
- How do we know whether the gender pay gap applies to our school?
- What are the consequences of the gender pay gap to independent schools?
- What if school don’t report by the deadline?
General Data Protection Regulation - The much-publicised new data protection regulations (GDPR) come into force on 25 May 2018. This edition builds on the information we have previously provided, focusing on the specific considerations for independent schools:
- data protection officer;
- staff and pupils;
- third parties (eg. Counselling service);
- alumni and fundraising; and
- data outside systems.
Also in this edition:
- Simon Loughran from RSM Insurance tells you the things to look for when considering purchasing cyber insurance for your school.
- Deborah Parks-Green looks at the new Optional Remuneration Arrangements (OpRA) ahead of the P11d reporting period and our recommendation actions for independent schools:
- reminder of the rules;
- impact of OpRA on benefit charge, transitional rules and school fees; and
- benefits of OpRA and the silver lining.
- Planning and funding capital projects – Anil Ahluwalia provides a bank’s perspective.
Finally, the RSM independent school team look forward to seeing you at this year’s ISBA Conference in Brighton on 9 & 10 May. Please come and see us on Stand 48 where we will be launching RSM’s Reserves resilience publication for independent schools – more on this within the report!