Latest announcement - 25 February 2021
- Standard Buyer Loan Guarantee (23 February 2021)
The Standard Buyer Loan Guarantee covers a loan to an overseas buyer to finance the purchase of capital goods, services and/or intangibles from a UK supplier. This is typically relevant for contracts between £1m to £30m.
- UK government welcomes the European Commission’s draft data adequacy decisions (19 February 2021)
The draft decisions follow months of discussions and pave the way for continued free flow of data between the EU and the UK. The Government welcomes the European Commission’s draft data adequacy decisions, which recognise the UK’s high data protection standards and set out that the UK should be found ‘adequate’. Positive data adequacy decisions under both the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Law Enforcement Directive (LED) would allow for personal data to continue to flow freely from the European Union (EU) and wider European Economic Area (EEA) to the UK.
- UK/Albania: Partnership, Trade and Cooperation Agreement (19 February 2021)
Partnership, Trade and Cooperation Agreement between the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the Republic of Albania.
- Webinars for EU-based organisations that trade with the UK (18 February 2021)
Learn more about UK border requirements by registering for an upcoming webinar or industry day, or viewing previous webinars.
- Negotiations on the UK's Future Trading Relationship with New Zealand: Update (18 February 2021)
The third round of Free Trade Agreement negotiations with New Zealand took place between 25 January and 9 February. Over the course of this round, negotiators carried out over 40 sessions across the Free Trade Agreement. Twenty-five new texts were exchanged before the round – building on the 35 texts shared prior to the second round – allowing for more detailed discussions.