FRS 102 came into effect for accounting periods commencing on or after 1 January 2015
The following entities can apply FRS 102:
- entities which are not required to apply IFRS;
- small entities; and
The accounting policy choices you apply could enable you to influence the strength of your balance sheet or simplify your accounting but care must be taken because they may also create earnings volatility.
Fundamental to FRS 102 is the concept of ‘Fair Value’. In some instances you may require expert advice to determine a fair value.
Recent changes affecting entities reporting under FRS 102
- FRC advice on interim reporting
- Brexit: amendments to UK GAAP
- Coronavirus and FRS102
- Brexit: changes to accounting
- Significant changes affect work needed for auditing going concern
- Amendments to FRS 102 for pension accounting
- FRS 102: Triennial Review 2017 amendments
For more information please get in touch with Danielle Stewart.