As the business landscape changes, so does the cyber threat landscape. Businesses face mounting challenges to mitigate security risks, while also balancing the pressures of operational needs and financial realities. The necessity of a virtual Chief Information Security Officer (vCISO) that can continuously manage threats has never been greater.
What is a vCISO?
In recent years, the role of Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) has risen in prominence. A critical role in many organisations, the CISO develops and manages a security programme that aligns with organisational objectives.
A vCISO is an outsourced option. It’s a flexible and cost-effective solution, extending beyond the typical scope of a CISO.
What are the benefits of having a vCISO
- flexible, ‘on demand’ CISO expertise at key pressure points during your business cycle;
- on-call availability to act as a sounding board whenever required;
- access to a trusted adviser;
- guidance based on cross-sector best practice;
- detailed understanding of current cyber threats;
- expert response to incidents quickly and minimisation of disruption;
- ability to bring all sources of assurance together under one umbrella;
- an independent view of IT risk management; and
- a cost-effective solution to address the current cyber security skills shortage.
Our vCISO approach
By helping to develop, refine and manage your security programme, our vCISO service ensures your business receives consistent support, for optimum security. Our experts will work with you to bring your information security in line with your business strategy. That means optimising your resources, addressing your unique risks and supporting your objectives.
Our vCISO can support you to develop and implement your security programme, including:
- benchmarking processes against regulations and best practice;
- performing security tests and risk assessments;
- identifying IT risks;
- implementing strategies to manage (accept, reduce, transfer) risk;
- assisting with remediation;
- implementing technical solutions;
- developing policies and procedures;
- designing strategic improvements for people, processes and technology; and
- communicating strategy and progress to the Board.
Access a diverse range of skills and expertise
Finding an individual who can manage and implement all security tasks effectively is an almost impossible task. Our expert team have the skills and expertise to meet all your security needs, from planning and budgeting to tracking emerging threats and communicating with your executives.
A cost-effective solution
As your vCISO, we can cover all areas of your information security at a considerably lower cost than building your own internal resource.
A tailored strategic approach
With our tailored approach, we will design our solution around your business and the market you operate within. As well as security tests and risk assessments, we will benchmark your organisation against the relevant regulations for your sector and suggest improvements that match the strategic goals of your organisation.