Employment taxes are a significant cost to businesses. Our specialists will help you manage your people costs with confidence.
PAYE, National Insurance contributions (NIC) and the Apprenticeship Levy all impact your margins. As well as the challenge of meeting these rising costs, employers face the growing demands of adapting to new legislation and ensuring tax risk management, procedures and strategies comply.
Our national team of specialists offers a blend of skills to help you navigate employment tax throughout your employee life cycle.
Shaping your employment tax strategy
Our experts will give you clear direction to develop an effective employment tax strategy, including:
- designing expenses and benefits policies and procedures;
- designing hybrid and flexible working policies and procedures; and
- structuring pay and benefits arrangements, such as salary sacrifice schemes and flexible benefits.
Managing your employment tax risk
We can advise you on strengthening your risk management controls, policies and procedures to cover the following:
- key employment tax risk assessments;
- employer compliance reviews;
- specific aspect risk reviews including National Minimum Wage (NMW), off-payroll working and CJRS; and
- HMRC Business Risk Reviews and Senior Accounting Officer (SAO) obligations.
Complying with legislation
With a hands-on approach, we will help you stay up to date and compliant with changing legislation including:
- ensuring you are paying the right amount of PAYE and the Apprenticeship Levy;
- supporting you in the complex areas of off-payroll workers, IR35, employment status and NMW;
- support with HMRC reporting and filing requirements including payrolling of benefits, P11Ds and PAYE Settlement Agreements;
- guiding you through HMRC enquiries and employer compliance reviews;
- advising on the tax and NIC implications of redundancy and termination payments;
- Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) requirements; and
- Senior Accounting Officer compliance.