Fraudulent activity can negatively impact any organisation, whether through reputational damage or lost and stolen assets or finances. Having the right policies, procedures and independent support on hand is critical in helping prevent and resolve risks.
Our fraud risk services team can help you deal with any issues in this area. Our team includes investigators and counter fraud specialists who work across all sectors, business types and jurisdictions.
Fraud, bribery and corruption
Fraud, bribery and corruption are high on any organisation’s risk agenda. The best protection is always implementing effective preventative measures. Stopping fraudulent activity before it happens allows you to protect your financial situation and your reputation – both of which are critical factors for maintaining trust with your stakeholders.
Our team has extensive experience in working with organisations to strengthen awareness and control mechanisms to minimise fraudulent activity. We prime processes to make sure they are effective and compliant with the Ministry of Justice’s Bribery Act 2010 adequate procedures guidance.
What is fraud, bribery and corruption
Fraud is a deception for financial or personal gain. It can come from inside or outside your organisation, and we can help you understand the risk from both angles.
Bribery usually involves offering, receiving or requesting items, including money, to try and influence others. Despite the Bribery Act 2010 and organisations’ increasingly stringent measures to prevent bribery, it still happens in a broad range of workplaces. We can help you spot the signs to make sure your business stays compliant.
The other area it is important to stay on top of is corruption, which occurs when those in positions of authority are dishonest for personal gain. Unfortunately, corruption continues to be rife in many countries and across different sectors. We can help you take vital steps to prevent it in your organisation.
How can RSM help?
Our team of experienced counter fraud specialists is well-versed in complex investigations. We can guide you through proactive prevention exercises and bespoke training to strengthen control mechanisms and minimise the risk of fraud or bribery occurring in your organisation.
We will help you stay ahead of these issues with the following services.
- Investigations - Our team manages fraud and financial irregularity investigations for corporates, regulators and the public sector, ranging from small employee-perpetrated frauds to large cross-border investigations.
- Prevention, detection and deterrence - We can help you identify and assess the risk of fraud within your organisation, advising on and carrying out:
- fraud and bribery risk assessment;
- compliance with the Bribery Act;
- meeting GovS013: Counter Fraud compliance;
- policy fraud risk governance;
- bespoke fraud and bribery awareness training and e-learning;
- tailored proactive prevention and detection reviews;
- recruitment and right to work processes;
- Forensic technology - Our forensic technology experts investigate and report on digital-based evidence, including metadata, data provenance, internet activity, destruction of evidence and copying. We will work closely with you to understand your key concerns and risks and develop a tailored solution with you.
For information on ways to protect your business, speak to Tim Merritt.