Buying a business is not a straightforward process. Finding targets can take a significant amount of time and effort – and keeping a deal moving forward can be complex. Having our mergers and acquisitions (M&A) team as your advisers will help you find the deal that meets your objectives. We can support you through the negotiation process and put the steps in place to help ensure a positive post-deal relationship.
We know that each client is unique, and we’ll spend time understanding what is important to you. Where possible, we will work with you early in the process to help broaden your options and prepare for an acquisition. Our scope can be as broad as finding appropriate targets through to completing the deal, and it often includes many of these steps:
- understanding your business and time scales;
- identifying your acquisition criteria;
- researching and presenting appropriate target businesses to you;
- approaching target businesses;
- facilitating introductory meetings;
- analysing target information, pricing analysis and assessment of potential synergies;
- preparing and delivering an offer letter to the target business;
- negotiating and agreeing heads of terms;
- building an integrated financial model;
- assisting with fundraising;
- managing the due diligence process;
- managing the legal process to completion; and
- undertaking exit reviews to inform future options.
Throughout the process, we will ensure the transaction causes as little disruption for you as possible. From start to finish, our team will stay in control of the process, while giving you thorough, technical advice in a digestible, clear way.
The benefit of working with us is our personable service. We are always on hand to update and advise you, yet we bring you the capabilities of a global advisory firm.
We stand out in the market for our in-house financial modelling, data analytics, due diligence and debt advisory services. It means we can manage complex transactions and give you greater clarity over the implications of key decisions during the transaction. We can also draw on our tax team at an early stage, which will help structure the transaction in the most tax efficient way.
With our deep sector knowledge across business services, technology, financial services, healthcare, industrials, infrastructure, food and drink, and consumer, we will give you valuable commercial insights throughout your transaction.