RSM’s Public Private Partnership (PPP) advisory team has been deeply involved in this ever-shifting area since the early days of the Private Finance Initiative (PFI). Let us work with you to provide the level of service you need for success.
Members of the RSM PPP advisory team have been active in the market since near its inception. We have been involved in many first-of-kind projects, including:
- advising on the early UK hospital PPP projects;
- shaping the Scottish hub initiative;
- advising on capital markets financed student accommodation projects; and
- consulting on the latest PF2 projects let by the Education Funding Agency.
Our team listens closely to our clients in order to understand their requirements, and we work with them in partnership to tailor a package of advisory support that suits their needs. We frequently work in uncharted territory, helping to bring structure, creativity and commercial rigour to the development and evaluation of new procurement models and innovative partnering projects, which exist at the interface of the public and private sectors.
We provide a full range of PPP advisory and support options, whether on framework relationships or as one-off projects. Our service can be broken down as follows:
- The development, on-going update and operation of bid financial models, shadow models and public sector comparators.
- Modelling support, supplemented by specific advisory strands according to the customer’s requirements, but falling short of a comprehensive advisory engagement (for example, specific payment mechanism input, tax advice, or bid drafting might be required).
Full financial advisory
- Financial modelling and full advice on funding options, with support to run funding competitions, select partners and negotiate financing through to financial close.
- Full financial advisory support, supplemented by project-specific tax and accounting advice.
Full advisory and support
- A full advisory mandate with provision of project management support, as well as industry and commercial insight. This might be undertaken on a secondment basis, for example.
We enjoy a significant amount of repeat business (it accounts for over half our work) and pride ourselves on our high levels of client service. We are flexible about the scope and structure of our engagements, and rest assured that we will never seek to impose a one-size-fits-all solution.
If you’re interested in finding out how our advisory services could help with your projects, please contact Alistair Hynd, our head of project finance and financial modelling.