Helping to support your financial modelling process
RSM’s experienced team can develop new tools to support your decisions, provide independent assurance over financial modelling, and give your staff the training they need. We’re also on hand with a range of forensic support services when required.
Financial modelling and analyses, in all their forms, play a crucial role in supporting corporate decision making and communication. At RSM we have a top-class financial modelling team, helping to give our clients more confidence in their decision making.
We do this both by developing decision support tools and by providing independent assurance over such tools.
We can help with your financial modelling and analytical needs, from basic cash-flow forecasting and strategic planning, through complex transactional and bid support models, to data analytics.
We provide a range of assurance services from financial modelling best-practice reviews and health checks to comprehensive model logic reviews and independent model audits for lenders and investors.
- the development of a strategic planning tool for a fast-growing FTSE250 fund management business;
- building and maintaining an operational phase monitoring and planning model for a £12bn MoD project;
- developing a forecasting and impact analysis tool for a consortium of NHS Trusts considering a joint venture;
- a full audit of 15 complex, inter-linked models over a two-week period for a rail franchise bidder;
- an audit of over 70 models for fundraising transactions in the renewable energy market; and
- acting as an expert witness on model audit matters in relation to PFI project disputes.
Financial modelling training and forensic support services
We also provide:
- financial modelling and model review training, from formal classroom-based training to coaching and informal workshops; and
- forensic support in relation to litigation and claims revolving around financial modelling and spreadsheet-based matters. Our experience includes mediation, developing expert reports and analysis, joint expert reporting, and giving evidence under cross examination.
Financial modelling best practice guideline
RSM authored the Financial Modelling Best Practice Guideline for the ICAEW’s Corporate Finance Faculty, providing a practical guide to financial modelling best practice principles. Please contact us if you would like a copy.