Rural accountancy is a specialist field which requires a team with experience in the sector. The team at RSM recognise the demands of an ever-increasing regulatory burden and the volatile commodity markets within rural business.
Our expert team helps rural businesses like yours to maximise opportunities and minimise risk. Our dedicated professional team provides a full range of rural specialist services which can support you with:
- complexities within the farming, equestrian and bloodstock industry and provide you within practical support for anything that may impact your business;
- ensure that you are fully informed with the multitude of tax regulations within the property and forestry / woodland sector;
- preparing for the changes in VAT submission to Making Tax Digital (MTD);
- perusing new ventures through diversifying into non-farming activities including sporting as these activities can generate several issues such as the correct business structure, ownership, VAT and other tax implications; and
- the day to day running of a business, including the impact FRS102 has had within the rural industry, which may require many commercial and business decisions.
RSM can provide practical and appropriate solutions to help your business thrive.
Our experience and position in the professional services marketplace enables us to not only influence technical and legislative developments for the benefit of our clients, but also to lead the way in identifying innovative and efficient solutions to your problems. What we can do:
- our experts can work with you to ensure your business is structured to maximise benefits from taxation. We can advise on landed estates which can often be immersed in broad ranging complex issues such as funding requirements, the ownership structure, family dynamics or diversification;
- we can recognise the trigger points for breeders, trainers and UK and overseas owners and our dedicated team will be quick to act when changes in regulations occur;
- offer local and international rural expertise to create proactive solution within non-UK owners of UK land that cross jurisdictions. We can provide global support in over 100 countries to suit your needs;
- deliver a personalised approach to the multitude of tax issues rural businesses face, to meet the needs of your businesses with both compliance and advisory. We navigate the landscape from issues ranging from employee benefits to succession planning, making the complex clearly understood with practical application and planning;
- support you with setting up and running onshore and offshore trusts which assist our clients in protecting their assets, their family and assist with succession planning;
- the UK Climate Change Act states that by 2020, 20 per cent of total energy supplied should be from renewable sources. This brings significant opportunities for landowners, which our renewables team can help you to make the most of. We have the expertise and experience that you need to ensure that the schemes are structured correctly at the outset and planning opportunities are maximised; and
- having a wealth of experience in VAT, we have a depth of knowledge regarding the treatment applied to any land and property transactions where failure to consider any VAT implications can be costly. We can advise and assist our clients in considering the VAT issues at an early stage in such transactions to minimise any VAT loss.
Contact our team today to discuss how we can help your rural business succeed.