The Emergency Services sector is under significant pressure to manage demand and deliver effective services with increasingly reducing resources. Management of risk, robust financial savings plans and effective decision making are under even more scrutiny. Our specialist team works across the UK to help you improve cost-efficiencies or provide insight, challenge and assurance in this area. We also help clients mitigate and manage risk, demonstrate accountability and meet their compliance requirements.
We are proud to be one of the leading providers of Audit, Tax and Consultancy services to the emergency services sector, covering police and crime commissioners, police forces, fire authorities and the fire service.
Our expertise allows us to give specialist insight and advice across a range of topics, both existing and emerging. Our experienced team takes a practical approach and works with you in a way that suits your needs, helping you with sector issues that matter to you.
We can help you by adding value through improving measurement of outcomes, assisting you with demand management, reducing costs and mitigating risk in the following areas:
- more effective management of commercial contracts;
- achieving greater outcomes through more effective collaboration and partnership working;
- enhancing measurement of outcomes though assessing social impact and value;
- managing and mitigating technology risk exposures;
- safeguarding the public purse through fraud prevention and detection initiatives;
- reviewing and fine tuning tax planning;
- finance function transformation;
- implementation of new IT systems;
- providing major project assurance;
- delivering timely and added value internal audit provision;
- sharing best practice from the private and public sectors;
- assistance with efficiency agendas;
- advice and assistance on commissioning models;
- assistance with process and procedures reengineering for cost saving and efficiency;
- authority / board and/or audit committee training and facilitation;
- accounting and financial reporting;
- interim support;
- grant funding audits;
- organisation and development, including training programmes and support; and
- re-design or challenge and assurance on risk management and governance frameworks.
Contact our team today to discuss your accounting and advisory support needs.
What you say about us:
“RSM has provided an internal audit service that has been responsive and very flexible in meeting the needs of our organisation. This is particularly the case where the need is both urgent and sensitive. The team, under Daniel Harris has provided added value good governance advice when required. Moreover, they have demonstrated an independence of mind in advising on management controls which is highly valued."
Treasurer (s151 officer), Police & Crime Commissioner for Essex
“All in all an excellent [crime recording audit] report that has a large positive impact on business.” Force Crime Registrar, Nottinghamshire Police
"RSM [has] continued to work with us, providing commissioning expertise and capacity to assist with the achievement of outcomes envisaged. The RSM team had sufficient flexibility to meet our needs, with senior input all the way, working jointly with us, very much part of one team.” Chief Executive, Office of the Leicestershire Police & Crime Commissioner
“We engaged the services of RSM to provide a comprehensive internal audit service for the fire authority. RSM have since carried out a wide range of internal audit assignments in a thorough and professional manner and in accordance with agreed timetables and plans agreed at the beginning of each year. They have also been extremely helpful in advising the Authority on a range of tax issues.” Deputy Director of Finance, Essex Fire Authority
“RSM responded to our request to assist with getting into the underlying reasons for our position in the benchmarking outputs provided by HMIC. The work done has provided us with some very pertinent information with which to consider our financial planning. The model is robust and we will be able to re-use it over the coming years…….Overall we were pleased with the professional and practical approach taken, as well as the outcome.” Treasurer, City of London Police