Supporting your charity’s aims is our business. The top charity auditor by number of clients (source: Charity Financials, September 2015), our team works with 1,000 diverse charity clients across the UK, delivering a full range of sector-leading solutions.
Your charity. Our focus.
We know running a charity isn't always straightforward. With so many regulations to follow it can be easy to lose sight of the principle aims of your charity – to help others. When you choose RSM you can be reassured we have all the financial, governance and management knowledge and experience your charity needs, so you can concentrate on what is most important to you and your funders.
Meeting your individual needs
By getting to know our clients, we find the right solutions, whatever you need.
Ensuring your audit adds value
Audits don't have to be onerous and our approach is to assess the size and complexity of your charity before we begin auditing; we're not interested in just ticking boxes, we want to know what makes our charity clients tick.
Making a difference to how you operate
Other key areas where we can make a difference to your charity include coping with funding changes, identifying your social impact, managing charity tax risks, carrying out independent governance reviews, managing financial difficulties and maximising scarce reserves, finding effective ways to work collaboratively or to merge, and establishing new social enterprises.
Our services for charities include:
- external audit;
- internal audit;
- fraud risk assurance and investigations; and
- compliance with charities SORP.
- VAT planning and compliance including partial exemption reviews;
- Gift Aid advice;
- corporation tax and tax status, including mitigation of corporation tax liabilities, impact of trading activities on charitable status, use of trading subsidiaries and property transactions;
- PAYE and other remuneration taxes;
- tax trading issues; and
Governance and strategy
- business process improvement;
- accounting software selection;
- social finance tools such as social return on investment measurement;
- financial modelling;
- loan financing;
- insurance services - trustee indemnity and general insurance;
- procurement; and
Contact our team today to discuss your charity's needs.