We confirm, to the best of our knowledge and belief, and having made appropriate enquiries of other board members and officials of the organisation and entities included in the group financial statements:
- We acknowledge and have fulfilled our responsibilities as the Trustees/Directors/Board members of the organisation (‘the board’) as set out in the terms of engagement for the preparation and presentation of the financial statements in accordance with the applicable financial reporting framework, in particular the financial statements give a true and fair view in accordance therewith.
- We confirm that the methods, signiﬁcant assumptions and the data used in making accounting estimates and the related disclosures are appropriate in the context of the applicable ﬁnancial reporting framework.
- Related party relationships and transactions have been appropriately accounted for and disclosed in accordance with the applicable financial reporting framework(s). In particular, where required by the applicable financial reporting framework(s), full disclosure is made in the financial statements of:
- any advances and credits granted by the parent company or its subsidiary undertakings to directors and guarantees of any kind entered into on behalf of the directors;
- the identity of the party which controls and (if different) the party which ultimately controls the company, if any;
- transactions and balances with related parties including:
- the nature of the related party relationship;
- the amount of the transactions;
- the amount of outstanding balances and:
- their terms and conditions, including whether they are secured, and the nature of the consideration to be provided in settlement; and
- details of any guarantees given or received;
- provisions for uncollectible receivables related to the amount of outstanding balances;
- the expense recognised during the period in respect of bad or doubtful debts due from related parties; and
- any other information about the transactions, outstanding balances and commitments necessary for an understanding of the potential effect of the relationship on the financial statements.
- outstanding capital commitments contracted for at the balance sheet date;
- all contingent liabilities including details of pending litigation and material claims against the organisation / organisation and group;
- all guarantees or warranties or other financial commitments including those given to or on behalf of other group entities.
- details of future plans to be included which will be tailorable to specific circumstances.
- As agreed in the terms of engagement, we have provided you with:
- Access to all information of which we are aware that is relevant to the preparation of the financial statements such as records, documentation and other matters;
- Additional information that you have requested from us for the purpose of the audit; and
- Unrestricted access to persons within the entity from whom you determined it necessary to obtain audit evidence.
- We confirm that all transactions have been recorded in the accounting records and are reflected in the financial statements.
- We have disclosed to you the results of our assessment of the risk that the financial statements may be materially misstated as a result of fraud.
- We have disclosed to you all information in relation to fraud or suspected fraud that we are aware of and that affects the entity and involves:
- Employees who have significant roles in internal control; or
- Others where the fraud could have a material effect on the financial statements.
- We have disclosed to you all information in relation to allegations of fraud, or suspected fraud, affecting the organisation’s financial statements communicated by employees, former employees, analysts, regulators or others.
- We have disclosed to you all known instances of non-compliance or suspected non-compliance with laws and regulations whose effects should be considered when preparing financial statements. We have also notified you of the actual or contingent consequences which may arise from such non-compliance, including any potential effect on the organisation’s ability to conduct its activities.
- We have disclosed to you the identity of the organisation’s related parties and all the related party relationships and transactions of which we are aware.
- We have disclosed to you the details of all known actual or possible litigation and claims whose effect should be considered when preparing the financial statements.
- Charitable entities only - We have not conducted, or permitted to be conducted any activities which may call into question the charitable nature of the organisation/organisation or group.
- There have been no communications with the Tenant Services Authority or Homes England/Scottish Housing Regulator or Audit Commission/Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator or other regulatory bodies during the year or subsequently concerning matters of non-compliance with any administrative duty. We have drawn to your attention all correspondence and notes of meetings with regulators.
- There have been no events other than those already disclosed in the financial statements since the balance sheet date which necessitate revision of the figures in the financial statements or inclusion of a note thereto. Should such material events occur prior to your signature of the audit report we will advise you accordingly.
- All grants, donations and other incoming resources, the receipt of which is subject to specific terms and conditions, have been notified to you. There have been no breaches of terms and conditions in the application of such incoming resources.
- All Associations, companies and other entities controlled by the organisation have been consolidated with the group.
- All designated and restricted fund balances are correctly shown in the accounts
- We confirm that we have disclosed to you details of all banking and financing arrangements including related contracts and hedging products.
- We confirm that we have informed you of all tax avoidance schemes used by the organisation / group.
- We confirm that as far as we are aware:
- no services have been provided to us or our affiliated entities by RSM network firms and their related entities that we have not already informed you of;
- no gifts, hospitality, favours, donations or sponsorship have been exchanged between us or our affiliated entities and RSM network firms and their related entities that we have not already informed you of;
- no employment relationships exist between us or our affiliated entities and partners or employees of RSM network firms and their related entities we have not already informed you of; and
- no other business or personal relationships exist between us or our affiliated entities and RSM network forms and their related entities we have not already informed you of.
The related entities of RSM network firms are as set out in the list provided.
We acknowledge our responsibility for the design, implementation and maintenance of internal control to prevent and detect fraud and error and we believe we have appropriately fulfilled those responsibilities.
To assist the auditor in complying with ISA (UK) 720 The Auditor’s Responsibilities Relating to Other Information, we confirm that we have informed you of all the documents that will be communicated to the members with the annual report.
We confirm that we have taken all the steps that we ought to have taken as members of the board in order to make ourselves aware of any relevant audit information and to establish that it has been communicated to the auditors. We confirm that, as far as we are aware, there is no relevant audit information of which the auditors are unaware.
We confirm that the above representations are made on the basis of enquiries of management and staff with relevant knowledge and experience (and, where appropriate, of inspection of supporting documentation) sufficient to satisfy ourselves that we can properly make each of the above representations to you.