We confirm, to the best of our knowledge and belief, and having made appropriate enquiries of other officials of the college.
Regularity, Accounting records and transactions
- We acknowledge and have fulfilled our responsibilities under the requirements of the Further & Higher Education Act 1992, subsequent legislation and related regulations the ESFA Funding Agreement(s) and those of relevant devolved authorities and as set out in the Post-16 Audit Code of Practice, for ensuring that expenditure and income are applied for the purposes intended by Parliament and that the financial transactions conform to the authorities which govern them.
- Neither the corporation nor college management have knowingly authorised a course of action, the financial impact of which was that transactions infringe the requirements of regularity.
- All transactions undertaken by the college have been properly reflected and recorded in the accounting records.
- As agreed in the terms of engagement, we have provided you with:
- Full and free access at all times to all information of which we are aware that is relevant to the preparation of the Statement of Regularity, Propriety and Compliance such as records, documentation correspondence, including minutes of Governing Body and sub-committee meetings and all appropriate management meetings and other matters;
- Additional information and explanations that you have requested from us for the purpose of the regularity assurance engagement; and
- Unrestricted access to persons within the entity from whom you determined it necessary to obtain audit evidence.
- We confirm that as far as we are aware:
- no services have been provided to us or our affiliated entities by RSM network firms and their related entities that we have not already informed you of;
- no gifts, hospitality, favours, donations or sponsorship have been exchanged between us or our affiliated entities and RSM network firms and their related entities that we have not already informed you of;
- no employment relationships exist between us or our affiliated entities and partners or employees of RSM network firms and their related entities we have not already informed you of; and
- no other business or personal relationships exist between us or our affiliated entities and RSM network forms and their related entities we have not already informed you of.
The related entities of RSM network firms are as set out in the list provided.
Compliance with laws and regulations
- We have disclosed all events of which we are aware or that are actually or potentially irregular or represent funding non-compliances as a result of non-compliance with the framework of authorities including but not limited to the Funding Agreement(s), Further and Higher Education Act 1992, Charities Act 2011 as applies to exempt charities and other contractual arrangements which provide a legal and contractual framework within which the college conducts its business and which are central to its ability to conduct that business. We have also notified you of the actual or contingent consequences that may arise from such irregularities or non-compliances and any Financial Notice to Improve, or Notice to Improve.
We acknowledge our responsibility for the design, implementation and maintenance of internal control relevant to the preparation of the College’s Statement of Regularity, Propriety and Compliance and ensuring that expenditure and income are applied for the purposes intended by Parliament and financial transactions conform to the authorities which govern them.
We confirm that the above representations are made on the basis of enquiries of management and staff with relevant knowledge and experience (and, where appropriate, of inspection of supporting documentation) sufficient to satisfy ourselves that we can properly make each of the above representations to you.