Tom is a restructuring specialist with a focus on advisory led solutions. He has more than 15 years’ experience advising a wide range of stakeholders and businesses in challenging situations.
His expertise spans debt advisory, M&A, financial advisory as well as restructuring, enabling him to deploy a bespoke solution in every situation. Typically used to working to short time scales and often in high pressure environments, Tom adopts a pragmatic approach, identifying the key issues early on followed by clear advice and a plan for change.
Over the years, Tom has positively impacted more than 100 businesses and clients. Notable examples include:
- sale of Liam Gallagher’s fashion brand, Pretty Green, to JD Sports;
- restructure of Toy wholesaler, Tobar Group including retailer, Hawkins Bazaar;
- disposal of UK’s largest specialist wool spinner, on behalf of Danish owner, to UK based private equity house;
- advised on successful turnaround and refinance of national automotive parts wholesaler and distributor; and
- wind down of UK operations of retailers, Toys R Us and Blockbuster.
Tom passionately believes that restructuring is about having long term focus. He says:
“The best outcomes are achieved when advice is engaged at an early stage on the decline curve. A quick fix rarely achieves a sustainable outcome and a long term focus is always the favourable option for stakeholders.”