Merlyn worked in risk and compliance for over 20 years in regulated firms, both in the UK and in Europe. His experience covers a variety of roles, including that of Chief Risk Officer. More recently he has served as an SMF16 and 17 for a UK-based retail bank.
He has supported many firms through reviews of their governance and control frameworks to ensure that they are robust, and has been involved in asset purchases and sales.
Merlyn is an expert in:
- market and liquidity risk;
- operational risk; and
- anti-money laundering risk governance and frameworks.
He also has first-hand experience of working alongside the regulator on a large-scale remediation programme.
With his practical industry experience, Merlyn can assist you in tailoring robust governance solutions for your business. Including:
- Extensive expertise in designing and managing risk management oversight frameworks;
- Great knowledge and understanding of regulatory frameworks and risk-based monitoring; and
- Expert in financial crime management and can help to design, build and implement comprehensive frameworks – from policies, to system selection and file remediation.