James spends his entire time working with doctors and GP practices, both at the coal face and writing for national publications on topical matters affecting GPs and speaking at seminars on topical issues.
James has worked in this sector for over two decades and also holds the role of Vice Chair of AISMA (The Association of Independent Specialist Medical Accountants) whose members act for almost half of all GPs in the country.
James is able to give specialist advice to doctors and their practices on financial matters including tax planning, pensions tax and practice mergers, to name a few. James has also performed advisory work in areas such as premises developments, new models of care (particularly Primary Care Networks), succession planning and GPs entering partnership.
“I’m passionate about helping doctors. They dedicate so much of themselves to their patients and to be able to make sure that their finances are well looked after allows me to be a valuable part of their team.”
Outside of work, James is kept on his toes by his children and finds relaxation in playing golf, fishing or playing pool.
James' RSM timeline:
- 2020: became AISMA Vice Chair
- 2019: joined RSM as Tax Partner
Press and appearance highlights:
- GPonline – GPs set to miss out on thousands of pounds in pension tax compensation, February 2022
- Pulse Today – How to...form a company, May 2021
- Practice Index –AISMA Finance Clinic – Episode Two: Profitability in General Practice, May 2021
- Practice Index – What does the 2021 Budget mean for Practice Managers?, March, 2021
- GP Online – Doctors warn of 'massive impact' on workforce as Sunak freezes pension lifetime allowance, March 2021
- Accountancy Daily – GPs to receive tax refunds and pension boost, February 2021
- Ockham Healthcare – Cashflow and Covid podcast, November 2020
- Ockham Healthcare – PCNs incorporated podcast, September 2020
- Practice Index – 24-hour retirement for GP partners, August 2020