Gareth provides robust commercial and practical restructuring advice across a wide range of sectors and stakeholders. He oversees our restructuring contacts within central government and HM Treasury and co-manages the dedicated national restructuring team across the UK.
He is ACA and JIEB-qualified and is also an Expert Witness in Insolvency matters. He has previously worked for three different funders so has a strong understanding of the funding market and its requirements. Gareth spends much of his time working alongside directors, preserving and enhancing value in difficult financial circumstances.
Gareth has a naturally collaborative working style, preferring to work with directors and stakeholders to implement solutions, but he is not afraid to adopt a more direct and robust stance where required.
‘My job is fast-moving. I have to think on my feet and come up with solutions in pressurised situations while keeping calm and measured. I love that I get to work with a talented team to save jobs wherever possible; the deals where that is achieved are immensely satisfying.’
Outside of work, Gareth loves spending time with his family, whether it’s hosting family barbeques, enjoying a pint with friends or being out on the ski slopes.
Gareth’s RSM timeline:
- 2022: Appointed joint head of UK restructuring
- 2018: Appointed regional head of restructuring, North East & Yorkshire and Scotland
- 2015: Joined RSM as partner, restructuring advisory
Press and appearance highlights:
- Construction News – Firms’ confidence in their future shoots up, March 11 2021
- Construction News – Revealed: The 16 firms that went into administration in February, March 5 2021