Alex Tait is the Regional Managing Partner for Scotland, Northern Ireland, Yorkshire & North East. He is an experienced Audit Partner, as well as a member of our Clients and Markets Team.
Alex trained and qualified with RSM, reaching partner in 2006, leading the Scotland and NI region in 2018 and taking on his current role in 2021.
In addition to assurance, Alex supports his corporate and international clients on complex financial reporting, IPOs and investment. He is also the convener of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland Audit and Assurance Committee and works with the institute on issues in this arena.
When asked what he enjoys most about his work, Alex says:
"I have received amazing support throughout my career at RSM and I am passionate about ensuring I do the same for my colleagues and teams. Our firm is only as good as our people and we must make sure we give everyone the chance to achieve everything they can with us. Great people deliver great service and that leads to happy clients."
When not at work Alex is a keen sportsman and enjoys golf, weightlifting and running. He likes to ensure these activities are balanced out with a healthy interest in food and drink. Alex also loves travelling the world with his wife Elaine and is looking forward to doing so again when restrictions are lifted.
Alex’s RSM timeline:
- 2021: became Regional Managing Partner, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Yorkshire and North East
- 2018: became Regional Managing Partner, Scotland and Northern Ireland
- 2016: became Regional Assurance Managing Partner, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Yorkshire, North East and North West
- 2010: became Regional Assurance Managing Partner Scotland, Northern Ireland, Yorkshire and North East
- 2006: became Audit Partner
- 1996: joined RSM as a trainee
Press and appearance highlights:
- Insider Media – RSM names new Leeds managing partner, February 2021
- Daily Business – RSM enhances offering in Scotland with two senior hires, October 2019
- Accountancy Age – RSM appoints two new regional managing partners, April 2018