RSM advises on sale of Materials Solutions to Siemens

RSM’s M&A and private equity team has advised on the sale of Worcester-based Materials Solutions Ltd to Siemens.

Siemens has acquired a majority stake (85 percent) in Materials Solutions Ltd, a market leading specialist in additive manufacturing processing and production. The remaining 15 percent will be held by the founder of the company Carl Brancher.

Materials Solutions specialises in additive manufacturing of high performance components for gas turbines, aero systems and auto sports, particularly high temperature applications where accuracy, surface finish and the highest materials quality is important to ensure operational performance of the parts. The company is a pioneer in the use of selective laser melting, developing their own materials capabilities, particularly in nickel superalloys.

The deal brings together two complementary businesses that will further enhance the digitalisation of manufacturing.

The RSM team who acted on behalf of the shareholders of Materials Solutions was led by Sukhi Johal with support from Fiona Ogden and Davin Kandola, while tax advice was provided by Rebecca Reading, supported by Amy Burton and Hasan Hashmi.

Sukhi Johal, RSM Corporate Finance Director, said

’The acquisition of Materials Solutions secures market leading expertise in additive manufacturing process development and is an excellent strategic fit for the application of advanced technologies within the Siemens Power and Gas Division.’

Carl Brancher, CEO of Materials Solutions said:

‘We are very proud to become a part of Siemens. I am sure our know-how and experience will make a significant contribution to Siemens' Additive Manufacturing strategy.’

Related services

Related industries