Economic viewpoints and sector impacts
After a turbulent 12 months, stability has started to return to the UK economy. Financial volatility in the wake of the EU referendum has now given way to a more positive outlook, with the Bank of England recently upgrading its growth forecast for the next three years. Fears of a crash are yet to materialise, at least for now.
Amid the uncertainty, the sector has shown resilience. Economic sentiment is at its highest level since the financial crash, with only 34 per cent believing the UK is heading for a recessionary environment. While confidence levels remain well behind the commercial sector, many RPs are looking to increase salaries and accelerate development plans in the year ahead.
However, there are potential headwinds on the horizon; RPs must now prepare for a new reality post-Brexit. As the UK negotiates the terms of its withdrawal from the EU; how does your organisation benchmark against other in the sector?
- How will Brexit affect your organisation?
- With Brexit looming, does it feel like you are heading for a recessionary environment?
- How did FRS102 affect the financial position portrayed in your financial statements?
- With two major RPs reportedly leaving SHPS, is this the start of the break-up of the SHPS/SHAPS pension schemes?
- Are salaries set to increase over the next 12 months in your organisation?
Download the full survey report.