The client is an alternative asset management company that originates and manages real estate and real estate debt investment on behalf of retail and institutional investors. The organisation have plans to grow significantly in the medium term.
What was the problem?
- The finance system was Xero in the UK and a local system in Germany. Xero had been implemented as separate instances for each subsidiary, so it could not be used for inter-company transactions.
- There was a lack of transparency at Group of the underlying transactions from the German operation.
- As a result of the above all intercompany processing, financial consolidation and reporting was performed in Excel.
What did RSM do?
- RSM’s independent management consulting team undertook a requirements definition and the development of a target operating model with the client.
- Prepared a Request for Proposal (RFP) which was issued to a short list of suppliers agreed with the client.
- Facilitated on behalf of the client the RFP process.
What was the outcome?
- The client is in the process of deciding on a preferred supplier, the preferences being Microsoft Business Central, NetSuite and SAP Business One.
- RSM would be well placed to implement the Microsoft or NetSuite systems if selected.
For more information on how RSM can help your financial services organisation implement NetSuite, please contact Theresa Guermellou.