The client is a specialist fund manager with investment products dedicated to acquisition and growth capital financing to mid-market companies in 13 countries. As at May 2017 it had Euros 23.8bn assets under management, with 200 institutional investors in 45 funds.
What was the problem?
- The existing finance system had been implemented several years earlier and it was difficult to get useful management information from the system. The Group statutory reporting and monthly management reporting was being performed solely in Excel.
- RSM were asked to conduct a review of the financial system arrangements and to propose costed options for improvement.
What did RSM do?
- The review concluded that the current financial system arrangements were not sustainable for an organisation with significant growth and diversification plans.
- RSM were asked to conduct a requirements definition and vendor selection exercise for a new global ERP system over a 13-week period.
- The client selected NetSuite as its preferred vendor and asked RSM to lead the global implementation project.
What were the outcomes?
- The implementation and global deployment were successfully completed within budget and the planned timeline of eight months.
- Greatly improved controls and efficiency in the production of financial and management accounts.
- Provision of a platform for on-boarding new countries.
For more information on how RSM can help your financial services organisation implement NetSuite, please contact Theresa Guermellou.