The client is the UK financial services conduct regulator for 58,000 firms with key objectives to protect consumers, enhance market integrity and promote competition.
What was the problem?
The business was seeking support to understand the financial impact in the sector of ‘open banking’. More specifically:
- perform analysis of the stability and viability of current business models;
- assess likely changes to business models driven by future changes; and
- analyse the state of competition and conduct in retail banking markets.
What did RSM do?
- The team undertook a detailed review of financial performance on 45 firms. This included banks and building societies.
- For each firm, analysis was performed across product lines for profit and loss, balance sheet as well as the interrelationship between the two through KPIs, trend analysis and benchmarking. Products included savings, mortgages and treasury.
- Qualitative analysis was performed across the selected peer group such as a comparison of transfer pricing policies and cross selling strategies.
What was the outcome?
- Populated financial templates.
- Key trends and ratio analysis outputs.
- Other ad-hoc deliverables eg: matrix comparing and contrasting transfer pricing policies.
For more information on how RSM can help your financial services organisation implement NetSuite, please contact Theresa Guermellou.