Join our roundtable discussion to learn how the construction sector can prepare for the introduction of the Modern Slavery Act.
Discussion will include:
- gain an understanding of the act;
- real life examples of slavery within the sector and how to identify offenes in your supply chain;
- outline how other businesses are responding;
- practical steps to meeting the requirements of the act;
- understand how future changes to the act may impact on your business.
The UK government has sought to combat and prevent modern slavery with the introduction of the Modern Slavery Act 2015. This covers offences of slavery, servitude and forced or compulsory labour, and human trafficking, with organisations having to produce an annual Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement.
Construction is one of the industries most under the spot light, with organisations who fall foul likely to face significant fines and reputational damage.
London and Manchester events
Sasha Jesperson, Director at the centre for the Study of Modern Slavery at St Mary’s University will be our key note speaker, offering insight and leading discussion.
They will be joined by RSM’s Dan Maycock, Risk Assurance Director at RSM who leads our modern slavery offering.
If you have any questions about the event or would like to attend, please contact Sam Peers:
T +44 (0)20 3201 8179